PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Monday, December 6, 2010

PT today

This afternoon, I'll be heading to my first PT session. I am very excited to finally be doing something, to feel like I'm recovering and not just laying around on my butt.

I learned something this weekend too... I learned that it is vitally important to make a conscious effort to go outside and feel like a part of the world. It's been hard for me because my parents work all day, my boyfriend works all day, and living on the second floor, it's hard to do the stairs myself.  But this weekend, I got to go out, and it's like a rejuvenation. You feel so good afterwards, like a normal human being. I think a lot of times, physicians focus on the medical aspect and forget that there is a person behind the problem, and there is a need to address the social issues as well. Hopefully when I graduate medical school, I'll remember this and not ignore how important it is to feel like a part of society. Hard to explain, but if you've been through it, you'll know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment