PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Pros and cons of crutches

Since a lot of decisions are made with a pro and con list, I thought I would do the same for using my crutches. Being non weight bearing for nearly 4 weeks has driven me to the point of insanity so I have created a list.

Pros of crutches
  1. the graft needs to heal
  2. knee isn't strong enough to walk yet
  3. my arms will be insanely toned
  4. I can trip my competition at interviews
  5. I can pull the sympathy vote on interviews
Cons of the crutches
  1. They are freakishly uncomfortable
  2. they are causing me ulnar nerve compression
  3. they are impossible to accessorize
  4. they get really cold outside and make my hands freeze
  5. they make me walk a lot slower than I normally do
  6. they make a lot of noise when they fall in the middle of the night
  7. my dog is scared of them
  8. I can't sneak up on people
  9. I get carsick riding in the backseat
  10. My hands are constantly occupied and I can't carry anything
  11. I can't wear any of my cute shoes
  12. Going outside is a huge ordeal
  13. Hopping on one leg is making that hip hurt
So really, as you can see, there are many more cons to using crutches than pros. I wonder if I show my doctor this list, he'll agree with me and clear me to start walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment