PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Pain never felt so good

Back from my PT today. It went really well. I got to go on the bike today, and  at first, it was just to work on range of motion, a little bit backwards, a little bit forwards. And then, after a few times of that, I was determined to go all the way around, so I pushed through the pain, and then it was like a breakthrough. I was going all the way around, and rode the bike for about 3 minutes. I'm not going to lie, it hurt, but it felt really good to go all the way around on the bike. I also "graduated" to doing leg raises on my own. The therapist at first was busy with another patient, so I asked if I could do the leg raises on my own while he was with the other person. He told me no. So I did quad sets and some adduction exercises, and then he came over for the leg raises. My leg went up nice and smoothly, and he commented that I was doing better at them. Well, I have been doing them in my leg brace which adds some extra weight, so he added an extra weight onto my thigh and I did straight leg raises, and the Jane Fonda leg raises.

So I'm feeling pretty good, I'm very sore, and I'm laying in bed with ice on my knee right now, but it feels good. When I was on the bike, I was clutching onto the handles because of the pain, but I got all the way around, so that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment