PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Monday, February 21, 2011

lumps and bumps

Thanks guys for giving me a day off!
Lucky me, I had the day off today because it's a holiday, and I was told to stay home. You don't have to tell me twice. So how did I take advantage of this rare day off? I went to physical therapy earlier this morning. I did have to share some unwanted news with my therapist though, I don't think he was too pleased with me. A few days ago, I went to examine my patient in the emergency room, who happened to be a little kid sleeping in her stroller. The first thing they teach you in pediatrics is to get down to their level. The second thing they teach you is to let sleeping children lie. If they're sleeping, it's the perfect time to do a heart and lung exam, if you try to wake them up, they're going to scream and cry. So I knelt down to listen to the heart and lungs, and that was the problem. I forgot that I can't squat that far down. I honestly just forgot that my knee can't handle it, and there was a very loud CRACK when I squatted.

My attending in the ER heard the crack, and he insisted on taking a look at my knee, and according to him, it wasn't loose, which was good. It did though feel a bit strange in the back of my knee, when I would do the hamcurls, it would feel like I was bending my knee over a ball or something. So I told my PT about it, and he took a look at it too. He thinks the crack may have just been some scar tissue, but I may have broken the scar tissue so forcefully that there was some inflammation in that area, or possibly some scar tissue just got loose and that was that ball sensation I was feeling. He did some heat, ultrasound, and stim to the back of my knee, hopefully it will get better soon.

Otherwise, things are going pretty well. My parents are awaay on vacation, which means I'm walking the dog 4x a day now, and so far so good. The only frustrating thing? I woke up the other morning to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment