PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Looking at the positive....

The other day, I was complaining to my friend about my PCL surgery and rehab. No one has ever heard of a PCL, very few people have experience treating PCLs, the rehab is slow, long, and boring, and you have to always explain what it is. But mainly, it's the rehab being slow and long and boring. For the first 6 weeks, I wasn't even allowed off the table at PT except to ride the bike. I had to use the crutches to get anywhere, and I would see all the people with ACL's come in already walking for their initial eval after surgery. Didn't seem fair to me. Well, when I was done complaining, he says to me "Look on the bright side. If you ever need to have your ACL done, the rehab will seem like a walk in the park". He does have a point.

And more positive, I was given permission to try to find my hamstring today. I think it may still exist, somewhere. I just need to find it. Maybe I"ll send out a search team for my hamstring.

No comments:

Post a Comment