PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not quite....

Yesterday, I posted that I thought my knee was going to be stiff and barely able to bend because I was in bed for the past few days being sick. Well, my therapist must have magic hands because he got my knee to almost full flexion, I missed full flex by about 3 degrees, which is nothing!! But, it's not quite full flexion. No clue how that happened, but I'll take it. It's not comfortable getting to that point, but it doesn't hurt quite as much as it used to. I guess that means I'm healing? I'm starting to become a normal person again.

1 comment:

  1. A lesser proportion of PCL injuries need surgical intervention. However in more severe cases, in particular those in which other structures within the knee joint have been damaged, surgery may be suggested. PCL reconstructive Surgery may also be indicated if the conservative management has not helped the steadiness of the knee sufficiently over a period of time.
    In common, those who have sustained a PCL injury usually have decent recovery rates, with most being able to return to their sporting activities at the same level as before the damage. However, full regaining from cruciate ligament injury is highly reliant on the ability to follow to a strict rehabilitation program.

    ReplyDelete