PCL recovery

Hopefully when this shapes up into something, it will help other people going through a similar surgery... not much out there on PCL's, and I think there should be.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation!

So again, not about my knee, but my knee has been doing so good, it's basically a non issue at this point. Tomorrow I have the first day of my graduation, and on Monday, is just the medical school graduation. I am so close to being a doctor, it's crazy. I signed the lease to my apartment today, which has the most amazing closets ever. And with tomorrow being graduation day it's even crazier. I can't believe that I started this journey nearly 4 years ago and there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel. In a couple months, I will be taking care of my own patients, having actual responsibility. Pretty insane.

As far as my knee goes, like I said, it's basically a non issue. My knee isn't stopping me from doing anything. There is an almost like conduction delay, where I tell my knee to jump, and it takes a little bit longer for the signal to reach the muscles, and I am still working on the proprioception, but it's all workable. We just came back from a trip to Aruba and we hiked to the natural pool, which is very rocky and very slippery. I managed and my knee wasn't a problem, I just had to go slower to be sure I had my footing. But I made it and had an amazing snorkeling experience.

3 comments:

  1. Wishes you early recovery. The surgeries as PCL or Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
    are good for removing the chronicle pain from knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all that! i'm having my PCL reconstructed in April it's good to know a little bit more about what to expect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knee injuries occur commonly and most times they are related to sport injuries. Sprains and strains are commonly seen but when it comes to injuries that are more serious next to cartilage injuries knee ligament injuries are the most common injury seen. The Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) in the knee is sometimes injured or torn. If you are experiencing knee pain that you think may be an ACL injury or a PCL tear.

    ReplyDelete